Sunday, August 27, 2017

Blogs and Blog Readers


After reading the blog post on the 12 best RSS Reader apps (at the time), I decided to use the one at the top of the list, Feedly. Though all apps seemed user friendly, I decided on the most popular one because it is likelier I could find help with using it if necessary.

Here are the 5 blogs I began to follow:
1.       
      The Absolutely True Adventures of a School Librarian – This blog discusses library display strategies as well as book arrangements. I chose to follow this blog because I found the title incredibly interesting. Most people see a librarian’s job as boring so reading about a librarian’s adventures seemed really interesting.
2.     
          The Adventures of Library Girl – This site offers ideas for developing interest in reading among kids. I chose to follow this blog because it was the first one to show up after searching “school library” on Feedly. I figured it must be very relevant if it shows up at the top of the list.
 http://www.librarygirl.net/                      
3.     
          Library Displays – This tumblr page has a collection of possible library displays. I chose this tumblr page because it was created by a high school teacher (like me), and I thought this would help me get display ideas later.
4.       
      Mr. Library Dude – This blog discusses ideas about the library and technology in the classroom. I chose this blog because I found the information on fake news interesting and appealing. Though I did not read past that, I really enjoyed the format and writing style of the author.
               https://mrlibrarydude.wordpress.com/
5.      
      The Library Patch – This site has tips for elementary reading and is created by an elementary librarian. I chose this blog because it seemed geared towards something I know very little about. I thought it would be good to familiarize myself with it since I have no experience in that field.
              http://www.librarypatch.com/

My tumblr link: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/eleazarresendezii

1 comment:

  1. I too chose to follow The Adventures o Library Girl and Library Displays. I have already gained a lot of great ideas from each! I will have to look into The Library Patch... I have two children in elementary so it would be useful as a parent and a future librarian!

    ReplyDelete